Know about Facts And Requirements for Apply To UK Visa From India
Just like many individuals if you too want to go to the United Kingdom for leisure, education or even to work and settle down, there are few facts and things that you should know. This will make your process to apply for UK visa from India much simpler and perhaps faster.
There are a few basic aspects of a UK visa from India as well as its application process. To start with you must know the different types of visas available. These types vary according to the applicant and also the purpose of obtaining such a visa. A few common types of visas include work visa, family visa, study visa, and visitor visa. You can apply for any of these visas directly by visiting the official website.
Study, family and visitor visa
Amongst all types of applications, a visa for studying in the United Kingdom is more common and larger in number. You may apply for such a visa to study in any of a large number of universities within the UK. All you need is:
- To be more than 16 years of age
- To have been accepted by the university you want to study in the UK
- To have enough funds to stay there and pay for education.
A family visa, on the other hand, is obtained by those people who have a family member living in the UK and want to pay them a visit at any particular time of the year for any specific reason. Typically, this type of visa is offered for a period of maximum 6 months.
You may also apply for a UK visitor visa from India if you wish to visit the country to explore its rich scenic beauty and royal and cultural heritage or simply to spend your vacation there.
Work visa tiers
You can also apply for a work visa which is another common visa issued to those people from India who want to work in the UK. You will have to secure a job first to apply for such a visa. There are typically three types of work visas issued to the public in this regard.
- General visa: This is commonly known as the Tier 1 visa. This is not issued to applicants who are usually from outside the UK. The primary idea to offer Tier 1 general visa, as well as Tier 1 Post Study Work visa, is to permit all those skilled individuals to work in the UK who do not require any sponsorship from the company. This type of visa is closed for the new applicants.
- Business visa: However, you can apply for a UK business visa from India commonly known as the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa if you want to start a new business in the United Kingdom.
- Investor visa: On the other hand, if you simply want to invest in a company in the UK you can apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa as well.
- Work permit: This is called the Tier 2 visa that can be availed by the individual who has a work permit and even by a company in the UK in which the individual is currently working. Anyone having this visa is also allowed to make intra company transfers. To apply for this specific type of visa you will, however, need to have a certificate of sponsorship issued by the government of the UK beforehand.
- Tier 5 visas: This is a specific type of work visa issued to those individuals who want to have any short term training in the UK. However, there is an upper and lower age limit of 35 and 18 years respectively to be eligible to apply for this kind of visa.
No matter whatever type of visa you wish to apply you will need to be eligible for it. Your credit score will play an important role in whether you apply for a visa to India from UK or another way round. The eligibility criteria to apply for a UK Visa include:
- You must have and provide a valid passport for a minimum of six months
- You must prove that you have the desired qualification to avail a visa of the specific kind you are applying
- You must prove that your purpose of visit to the UK is in no way harmful in anyways for the country or its citizens but on the contrary, will be productive
- You must not be enmeshed with any type of criminal case at the time of application
- You must also have adequate financial resources to support you and your dependents while you stay in the UK
- You will have to undergo and pass the mandatory medical tests of varied types to obtain the clean bill of health and
- If you are visiting the country for work then you must have a work visa as required by the law.
Apart from these, you may also be asked to go through an interview in some cases to receive a UK visa.
Few other facts to know
You will need to provide valid and latest documents such as the receipt for visa fee, confirmation letter of appointment, recent color passport-sized photo, immigration photo guidance if you are exempt from biometrics, the application printout, age and address proof, marriage or divorce certificate, education and income proof, tax submission, and bank account statement.